It Starts with an Idea
Every ISWEEEP competitor has accepted the challenge to find and utilize Earth’s renewable resources. Their projects capture the focus and determination of realizing that dream.
- The competition is open to all high school students up to age 21, grades ninth through the first semester of college.
- Contestants qualify through one of ISWEEEP’s affiliated science fairs, or after a proposal is chosen by the ISWEEEP Scientific Review Committee.
- A student, or group of students, may not enter more than one project each year.
- The project must be conducted within 12 months of the competition.
- The same project may not be re-entered unless it is a continuation to the project or changes have been made to it.
- Renewable Energy
- Bio Energy
- Energy Advancements
- Clean Energy Technology
- Energy Efficiency
- Energy Conservation
- Biological Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Material Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
ENVIRONMENT: Management and Pollution
- Land Management
- Ecosystem Management
- Air Pollution/Quality
- Soil Pollution/Quality
- Water Pollution/Quality
- 3R: Reduce-Recycle-Reuse
ENVIRONMENT: Health and Disease Preventionn
- Scientific method
- Project’s benefits to society
-United States Government and Politics
-United States History
-Physics 2: Algebra Based
-Computer Science Principles
-Physics C: Mechanics
-Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism
If you are interested in taking an exam please click here to download our schedule and form.
– Accommodations Provided by I-SWEEEP
– Lodging Information
– Project Display Board/Shipping Instructions
– Adult Supervisor & Travel Information
– Transportation from Airport to Hotel
– Project Check in
– Required Forms
– Social Event
– Dress Code
Click here for more information
Looking Toward the Future
Each year ISWEEEP awards four grand prizes to the top projects in each category, recognizing the research as a concept that will reshape how we interact with energy, engineering or the environment.
- Environment: Management and Pollution
- Environment: Health and Disease Prevention
Gold: medallion, $750
Silver: medallion, $400
Bronze: medallion, $150
Honorable Mention: Certificate
Rules and Guidelines
- Eligibility & Limitations
- General Requirements
- Safety Guidelines
- Display and Saftey Regulations
- Rules and Guidelines
Safety Procedures: Risk Management form required
Important Dates & Deadlines
International Student Application Deadline
U.S. Application Deadline
Project boards must be shipped to ISWEEEP’s by April 24th.